Placer Dome Wikipedia

Placer Dome Inc. was a large mining company specializing in gold and other precious metals, with corporate headquarters in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. In August 2005, the company had interests in 16 gold mining operations in 7 countries; it had a

Get Price

Yet Another Two Local Indigenous Porgerans Shot by Barrick

Apr 18, 2017Despite several attempts to hold Barrick accountable for its previous gross human rights violations, including killings, beatings, raping/ganging, illegal detention and forcefully evictions done so far by Barrick Gold Corp at Porgera Gold Mine, the Barrick hired Security Personals and PNG Mobil Squads have shot two young man aged between 23 and

Get Price

Papua New Guinea PM says resources reforms will take years

Jun 05, 2019New Papua New Guinea Prime Minister James Marape doubled down on his plans to earn more taxes from the gas-and-gold-rich country's natural

Get Price

Barrick meets new PNG leader about Porgera mine lease

Jun 03, 2019Barrick Gold (TSXABX) (NYSEGOLD) president and CEO Mark Bristow, along with the executive director of JV partner Zijin Mining Group, today met with Papua New Guinea's new prime minister James

Get Price

Barrick's CEO visits Papua New Guinea to support extension

The new President and CEO of Barrick Gold (NYSEGOLD)(TSXABX), Mark Bristow, said the company wants to strengthen its partnership with the government and local communities of Papua New Guinea

Get Price

Barrick Comments on Potential Impact of Papua New Guinea

Mar 02, 2018In particular, this press release contains forward-looking statements including, without limitation, with respect to the impact of the Papua New Guinea earthquake and Barrick

Get Price

Barrick Gold compensates women raped at Papua New Guinea

One of the world's biggest gold miners, Barrick Gold, will pay compensation to a group of women who were raped by security guards and police at the company's site in Papua New Guinea.

Get Price

Barrick Gold Company Gold Choices

Barrick Gold Corporation is the largest gold mining company in the world, with its headquarters in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Barrick is currently undertaking mining projects in Argentina, Australia, Canada, Chile, the Dominican Republic, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Saudi Arabia, the United States and Zambia.

Get Price

Barrick Confirms Continuing Commitment to PNG Government

Feb 18, 2019PORT MORESBY, Papua New Guinea, Feb. 18, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE)- On his first visit to Papua New Guinea as the new President and CEO of Barrick Gold Corporation (NYSEGOLD)(TSXABX), Mark Bristow

Get Price

Porgera Landowners Association Wikipedia

Porgera Gold Mine was built by Vancouver-based Placer Dome, and began operations in 1990. It is one of the world's top ten gold mines, producing over 16 million ounces up to 2009. The mine, which is operated by Porgera Joint Venture (PJV), has been 95% owned by Toronto-based Barrick Gold Corporation following Barrick's takeover of Placer Dome

Get Price

Barrick Gold Corporation Technology and Operations

Dec 04, 2015Barrick Gold Corporation, headquartered in Toronto, Canada, originated from Barrick Resources founded in 1980s. After suffering financial losses in oil and gas, the company decided to focus on gold. The company name was changed to Barrick Gold Corporation in 1995 (Reference 9).

Get Price

Barrick Gold Corporation LinkedIn

Barrick has mining operations in Argentina, Australia, Canada, Chile, Dominican Republic, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Saudi Arabia, the United States, and Zambia. See who you know at Barrick Gold

Get Price

Porgera Mine Owners Meet New PNG Government About SML

Jun 05, 2019GlobeNewswire June 4, 2019 Barrick President and Chief Executive Mark Bristow, along with Zijin Executive Director and Senior Vice President George Fang, met today with Papua New Guinea's new Prime Minister James Marape and reaffirmed the company's commitment to working with the PNG government and local communities to ensure that the Porgera gold mine

Get Price

Survivors Who Alleged Rape and Killing at Papua New Guinea

Apr 03, 2015Barrick Gold Corporation and EarthRights International (ERI) have negotiated a settlement of claims by 14 individuals from Papua New Guinea ("PNG"), represented by ERI, in relation to a variety of alleged acts of violence concerning the Porgera Mine in PNG.

Get Price

About K92 Mining

K92 Mining Inc is focused on advancing the Kainantu Gold Mine, located in the Eastern Highlands province of Papua New Guinea, towards production.The Kainantu property covers a total area of approx. 410 km 2 and was previously mined by Highlands Pacific and Barrick Gold from 2006-2009. K92 Mining Inc. was purpose built for the acquisition of the Kainantu Gold Mine.

Get Price

Barrick Gold Corporation A Mining Employer of Choice

The Company also has mining operations and projects in Australia, Chile, Papua New Guinea, Saudi Arabia, and Zambia. At the end of 2016, Barrick had proven and probable gold reserves of 85.9 million ounces (2.0 billion tonnes, grading 1.33 grams per tonne).

Get Price

Barrick Confirms Continuing Commitment to PNG Government

Feb 18, 2019Barrick Gold Corporation disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or

Get Price

Request for Review Submitted to the Canadian National

Barrick Gold Corporation (Barrick) is a Toronto-based gold mining company. Barrick owns 95% of the Porgera Joint Venture mine through subsidiaries. The other 5% of the PJV mine is owned by Mineral Resources Enga. Papua New Guinea is a multi-party democracy with constitutional protection for human rights and has ratified

Get Price

The huge risks and rewards of Papua New Guinea's Porgera

Barrick Gold Corporation's new President and CEO, Mark Bristow, explained during his recent trip to Papua New Guinea that the future of the Porgera mine is considered promising. 'When you look at the current plans of Porgera, it has the potential to be able to deliver 500,000 ounces for the next 10 years,' he reportedly said.

Get Price

The gold mine Barrick may regret selling MINING.COM

May 25, 2016K92 Mining (KNT.V) is poised for production at its Papua New Guinea (PNG) gold project and lists on the TSXV tomorrow under the symbol KNT. The gold

Get Price

Operations K92 Mining Inc.

K92 Mining Inc is focused on advancing the Kainantu Gold Mine, located in the Eastern Highlands province of Papua New Guinea, towards production. The Kainantu property covers a total area of approx. 410km 2 and was previously mined by Highlands Pacific and Barrick Gold from 2006-2009.

Get Price

Porgera Mine Shareholders Meet New PNG Government About

PORT MORESEBY, Papua New Guinea, June 03, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Barrick President and Chief Executive Mark Bristow, along with Zijin Executive Director and Senior Vice President George Fang

Get Price

Moses Pinje Foreman Process Operations Barrick Gold

Moses Pinje Foreman Process Operations at Barrick Gold Corporation Papua New Guinea Mining Metals. Barrick Gold Corporation. Porgera Joint Venture. IEA Collge of TAFE. 430 connections. View Moses Pinje's full profile. It's free! Your colleagues, classmates, and 500

Get Price

'Hard to believe' Barrick didn't order police operation at

Mar 31, 2017Radio New Zealand 30 March 2017 A mining watchdog says it's hard to believe a Canadian mining company didn't order a police operation near the Porgera Gold Mine in Papua New Guinea last weekend. A human rights group, the Akali Tange Association said Barrick Gold ordered the raid in which a disputed number of

Get Price

PorgeraJV Our Operation page Porgera Gold Mine Papua

The Porgera Gold Mine in Enga Province, Papua New Guinea, is owned by the Porgera Joint Venture (PJV). It is operated by Barrick (Niugini) Limited which owns 95 percent participating interest in PJV. The remaining 5% is owned by Mineral Resources Enga Limited.

Get Price

Papua New Guinea's Indigenous people v. Barrick Gold

Jun 06, 2009"You're sitting on a gold mine" is supposed to mean you have a great opportunity to become really wealthy. The Indigenous Ipili people of the highland Enga Province of Papua New Guinea have literally been sitting on a gold mine for millennia. But instead of bringing wealth, the mine in the Porgera River region has been a curse.

Get Price

Human Rights Impacts of Papua New Guinea's Porgera Gold

Gold's Costly Dividend Human Rights Impacts of Papua New Guinea's Porgera Gold Mine Summary Barrick Papua New Guinea, to Human Rights Watch Letter from Barrick Gold Corporation to

Get Price

Christopher K Benjamin Production Supervisor Barrick

View Christopher K Benjamin's profile on LinkedIn, the world's largest professional community. Mine Operations, Open Pit Papua New Guinea Production Supervisor at Barrick Gold Corporation.

Get Price

Papua New Guinea Forced Evictions and destruction of

Barrick Gold Corporation and Porgera. Barrick Gold Corporation is a Canadian mining company and the largest producer of gold in the world, with 27 mines in operation. Through its subsidiary, Barrick operates the Porgera gold mine in Papua New Guinea and owns 95% of the mine, which in 2008 produced 627,000 ounces of gold (gold prices averaged US

Get Price

Operator Underground Opportunities Barrick Gold Careers

Feb 27, 2019Operator Underground Opportunities. Operator Underground Opportunities. Papua New GuineaBarrick (Niugini) Limited (BNL) is a company incorporated in Papua New Guinea, and operates the Porgera Gold Mine in Enga Province on 087015

Get Price